Tuesday, June 21, 2011

random jumble

I spent today with my brother and 14 year old niece (I*) at Texas Children's Hospital (TCH). It was for a follow up appointment cuz I* is having some girly issues and my brother felt weird going without a female (his wife had to work). Four hours and a nutritionist later we get to go home. She's underweight for her height and needs to eat more. Wish I had that problem! Spending the day with her was interesting, most of the time was enjoyable, but there were a few times when I wanted to smack her, lol. I don't know how my brother stays sane with a teenager and a 6 year old around. Further proof that I am not ready for kids, LMAO!

I watched Game of Thrones this season and really enjoyed it. I have the audio books but they are like 40 hours long and the guy kinda bores me. I would rather read than listen right now since I'm not doing anything else, lol. I recently found out that my iPod touch has a Kindle app and was way too excited about it. Unfortunately, my library doesn't support Kindle and the ebooks I want to read (GoT and some others) have like 98 people waiting... WTF?

Father's day was awesome, Mandy and I collaborated on a menu and I made a copy cat version of Carrabba's Chicken Bryan Trottole pasta and grilled asparagus. It was just like the restaurant but better cuz I did it myself! Mandy grilled and I did the inside cooking and baked a sugar free pineapple upside down cake and a peach upside down cake. Yum!

C and I are still doing well, we are playing a game online together and using FaceTime daily. I absolutely love FaceTime. It's way better than Skype, Oovoo or Yahoo video messaging. As much as I bitched about Apple in the past, I love my iPod touch, it is my entertainment HQ- music, internet, movies, TV, photo album, camera and now books! I am so getting an iPhone when I can afford one. /apple testimonial.

I am going to Hong Kong in December. I am excited but scared. C says there is a lot of walking and everything is small, which makes sense since Asian people are smaller. I am thinking it will be like Tokyo though and I didn't have any problems there, of course that was 10 years ago and I was more physically fit and about 75# lighter.

I need to continue walking. I took a walk yesterday as part of my daily challenge and walked today when we went to TCH, I just need to keep it up. I have been in the pool about 4 times a week walking/floating/swimming. I want to start doing water aerobics I just need to find or make up a routine.

I've rediscovered my love for Noxzema! I used to use it as a kid/teen and for some reason stopped using it. I bought some recently for a sunburn and started using it on my face too. I'd forgotten that tingly, cool feeling and the smell. :) Now, if only I could find the Freeman Wild Cherry conditioner I used to buy in high school I'd be even happier! It smelled divine!

That's about all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment